All Clear

We survived the hurricane! Trees are down, power is mostly out, there is a huge line for gas and available groceries - but who are we kidding? Most of Houston is lucky. It's the coast I'm feeling really sorry for. When the national news says "disaster, supplies are running low," they really mean, people are mad because their steaks are going bad in the freezer and it's hard to get coffee or cable. It's uncomfortable, but we have roofs. M. and I actually have power, by some miracle - so I could even make a pie, if I wanted, which I don't, because despite everything I just said, there's something about a hurricane that sobers you up. Well, not literally sober - everyone is passing the time drinking warm beer. Yesterday after a long drive we found an open convenience store and bought wine for cash in the pitch dark. So, yeah. Life could be worse. Pix to come!

Comments

So glad you 2 are okay! Next time skip the storm watch and come stay with your cousins in Long Beach! We'll have ice cold beer. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

I Love Lists

Summer Fruit Parade

Made For Each Other: Strawberry Rhubarb