Pie Bling

I never knew about the gadgets designed to make the pie experience all it can be: pie weights, carriers, plates, crust protectors, servers, cookbooks ... yes, bakers can accessorize. Take this (L) for instance. It's an official pie carrier (and gift from Laurie!) These (R) are vintage pie plates from the '70s, which I adore. It's the frumpy church lady in me. My boss at the general store where I worked in high school is the last person I've ever known who honestly and wholeheartedly would have loved these pie plates. She and her husband scoured damp little towns for antiques every weekend. She also used to yell at me for not sweeping the floor mats enough, or not stocking exactly seven cans of pop per row. I rebelled by giving away the occasional pack of cigarettes to my friends and eating ice cream bars in the beer cooler. Ah, high school. Anyway ... vintage pie plates. Despite my better inclinations, I love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made For Each Other: Strawberry Rhubarb

I Love Lists

Summer Fruit Parade