And Starring: Pie

Oh my god! How did I not know about this? Pushing Daisies, which has been recommended to me but which I haven't managed to watch (my TV watching has waned...my brain only has room for crime procedurals or Tina Fey, it seems) features PIE. The show is about - wait for it - a pie baker/shop owner who can bring people back from the dead. And some other quirky things. Point is, what, a show about pie? And I only find out about it as it's getting canceled? Damn. Oh well. At least I can try one of its recipes. The pie-making, dead-raising protagonist brings back his childhood crush, who proceeds to bake a delicious sounding Pear-Gruyere pie, featured here. Yum. I'm going to try it. Apparently, on the show, she makes it for her anxious aunts and includes crushed up anti-depressants, in hopes said aunts will medicate unknowingly. I gotta say, with my fair share of nutty relatives, I can understand the impulse.

This got me thinking about all the pie featured in TV and film. I could find recipes all over. There's that little movie, The Waitress -- oh, and that gross-out series of movies I never saw. You know, the ones with pie in the title. I'll try and come up with more...

Comments

We just visited Grandma Betsy and she would love one of those special high-flying pies to be sure!

Popular posts from this blog

I Love Lists

Made For Each Other: Strawberry Rhubarb

It's Hard to Blog About Pie...