Bing, Bang, Cherries Galore

Nothing like summer and cherry season to bring me back into a pie mood. I've been in Washington State for a couple of weeks, basking in the clean air and ripe free fruit everywhere. Oh so much has happened, but it's the usual variety of writing, teaching, graduating, hemming, hawing, moving, going to my mother's wedding ... so I'll skip it and get right to the baked goods. First up is Bing Cherry Pie -- not your traditional cherry pie, i.e. sans the sour cherries, and with a whole wheat crust to boot. I'll admit, it tasted very healthy, so...not as delicious as other pies. It's very hearty, though, and it's pretty, with all the burgundy. Bing cherries are the matrons of all cherries. They're not coy. They get down to business. In eighth grade I had to write a five paragraph essay following the "bing, bang, bongo" model: intro, bing idea, bang idea, bongo!!! idea, conclude. Dull as cardboard, but it did teach me to Organize My Writing.

Anyway, recipe soon! It's good to be back. I've got plenty up my sleeve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Love Lists

Made For Each Other: Strawberry Rhubarb

Chocolate Cream Bliss