Apple Cranberry Redux

A little eye candy for a cold day (yes, even in Houston). This Cook's Illustrated gem was so good, I made it again for Thanksgiving with friends and family. The meal included potatoes from their garden and a turkey smoked at home. Love that real food. A meal like that makes me think, economic crisis, schmeconomic crisis; Wall Street can tumble but we'll be okay. Um, I hope so. Anyway, the apple-cranberry pie was a big hit with all, especially little Larkin here, who didn't want to leave the pie table for anything. "I like pie," he kept saying. A kid after my own heart! See earlier post for recipe. Note the cranberry mixed a bit more with the apple in this version - not sure why, but it's pretty, no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made For Each Other: Strawberry Rhubarb

I Love Lists

Summer Fruit Parade